Campbelltown Primary Program
- 30-week program covering high yield topics across anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology.
- 18-week written exam preparation program.
- 12-weeks VIVA exam preparation program.
- Consists of online learning material, face-to-face workshops and mock exams.
- The program can be found on education website (Annual Education Program > PEX).
- Developed by the Campbelltown ED staff specialist and advanced trainee groups.
- Designed to supplement your own learning material, NOT REPLACE IT.
- Accessed via education website (ACEM exam preparation > Primary examination > Anatomy / Pathology / Physiology / Pharmacology modules).
- Password ctnedbootcamp.
PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE FACE-TO-FACE SESSIONS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Notify the session facilitator 2-weeks prior to the session to notify them of your attendance.
- NO NOTIFICATION = NO SESSION.
- Facilitator contact details can be found below and on the ‘Facilitator Contact Details Tab’ in the ‘Annual Education Program.’
- Work through your own learning material and online module related to the topic.
Face-to-Face Session Overview
- 1-hr session / subject / week (4-hrs of primary teaching / week).
- Each session will consist of a timed 20xMCQ paper on the high yield topic, followed by discussion of worked answers and then VIVA practice on that topic.
- It is important to understand how to prepare for the VIVA from day 1 hence why VIVA practice is incorporated into the written workshops.
- Worked MCQ questions have been developed by faculty using the ACEM Exam MCQ development template.
- Times and dates will be on the education website (Annual Education Program > PEX tab).
- For candidates doing a clinical shift, they will be allowed to attend the session after notifying the senior MO in charge of their clinical area.
- If candidates are not able to attend the session i.e., night shifts, external secondment, then they must notify the session facilitator to discuss alternate options.
- A mock written and VIVA exam will be held the week before each respective exam.
- 1-hr VIVA preparation sessions per subject per week.
- More information will be released later in the year.
Ravi (Meetiyamulla) Jayawardana
Supun de Silva