Micro-sim 12th – 16th Oct 2020
This week’s scenario centres around chest trauma in adults.
The following resources will assist you in preparing for the scenario.
EXPECTATIONS OF RESUS TEAM
- Practice performing primary & secondary surveys to detect & treat life / limb / sight-threatening injuries
- Practice performing open thoracostomy and large ICC insertion
- Know the admission and transfer processes with trauma patients at CTN ED
- Initial management of an open chest wound
- Set up for ICC Procedure. Know your equipment and location
- Pain management
- Assist with ICC insertion
- Perform ICC observations
- Scribe scenario effectively